ABC’s 7:30 expose on the rising cost of electricity, how it is impacting families all across Queensland and how going solar can help get rid of a power bill setting families free from the every increasing power bill.
It also outlines the pitfalls of cheap solar and why dealing with a reputable company and having manufacturer based warranties from Australian based manufacturers is critical along with qualified installers.
Be sure to do your research before purchasing from a company offering rock bottom prices because almost two of those companies go broke every week, you may be stung additional charges by their contract installers or you may get recycled panels or a different product all together.
The Clean Energy Council in an audit of a company that went bust found that only 12.5% of jobs were done to code and almost 30% had a different panel on the roof than what the client had purchased.
The power play behind your surging electricity bills:
Power Shock, Part 1 | 7.30
The dark side of the solar power boom:
Power Shock, Part 2 | 7.30
What future-proofing Australia’s energy will look like:
Power Shock, Pt 3 | 7.30
- How Will Clean Energy Benefit Me?24 June 2019
- How to Save Money (and the planet) at Home19 June 2019
- Poor-Quality and Unsafe Solar Panels Costing Australians Their Homes12 June 2019
- How the Government Rebate for Solar Power Works4 June 2019
- Going Solar To Escape Rising Power Bills – ABC 7:3031 May 2019
- A Simple Explanation of Your Carbon Footprint18 May 2019
- Rooftop Rumours: Busting the Top Six Myths about Solar Power10 May 2019
- QLD Home Owners Pay For Solar With Their Power Savings – No Cost Down1 May 2019